- McDonald’s All-American Game rosters announced [2:22]
- Khavon Moore high school career over [12:34]
- Confidence in rankings increasing [16:42]
- MLK tourney recaps [22:21]
The boys are back for their first podcast of 2018 after a sick week kept them on hiatus. There's plenty to cover as Week 8 is here and the state rankings are starting to become a sensative subject.
[1:12] Class AA Madness
[5:02] Therrell in the top 10 with 7 losses?
[7:50] Class A-Private sees 4 teams fall out of the rankings
[14:58] Not all records are created equally, especially in Class 6A!
[20:27] Lovejoy-Buford girls matchup in Big South Classic
[22:10] Mid-season surprises
[25:30] Most exciting class down the stretch?
[28:03] State champion predictions
[4:32] Shake up in the middle of Class AAA (G)
[7:45] Is the field still chasing Class AA No. 1 Laney? (G)
[14:46] Terrell County drops 4 spots in hotly-contested Class A-Public (G)
[16:57] Does Class AAAAAA have the most parity at the top across Georgia? (G)
[19:34] Jenkins and Johnson-Savannah battle for the No. 2 spot in Class AAA
[21:35] Is Grayson a contender or pretender amongst the well-touted Class AAAAAAA field?
[25:55] Region 5-AAAAA fills the middle of the rankings behind Warner Robins and Buford
[27:36] Tournament Preview: Tournament of Champions, Deep South Classic, Lake City Classic, Lanierland
[35:50] Tournament Recaps: City of Palms, Peach State Classic
A snowed out week of GHSA hoops still afforded us a few interesting results. Tuesday night was upset central!
- Class-A Public Boys breakdown (1:35)
- Can Central-Talbotton play their way into the No. 1 spot over Calhoun County? (2:50)
- Battle between Upson-Lee and St. Pius for Class 4A supremacy (6:55)
- Cartersville and Calhoun haven't started their seasons yet? (10:51)
- Tuesday night action (13:20)
- Highlighted games for the weekend (21:10)
Week 3 GHSA storylines include:
- R6-AAAAAAA's depth (1:07)
- Langston Hughes claims the top spot in Class AAAAAA, while Gainesville's season is in early jeopardy (3:09)
- South/Coastal Georgia teams in Class AAAAAA for real? (7:56)
- Statesboro and Lithia Springs on the verge of debuting in Class AAAAA? (10:20)
- [G] How big of a threat is No. 2 Henry County in Class AAAA? (15:33)
- [G] Class A-Private girls update. FSU-signee Morgan Jones coming in hot (17:27)
- Tuesday night recap (19:33)
- Thoughts on witnessing LaFayette beat Heritage (24:11)
The weekly state rankings podcast is back. With 2+ weeks of basketball already in the books, it's time to catch up with all the movers and shakers in the rankings.
- New No. 1's take over in Class 5A and 2A (1:34)
- Class 6A has seen its Top 3 struggle against sturdy competition (7:57)
- Will Greenforest turn it around in Class A-Private? (11:21)
- Is Morgan County distancing themselves in Class 3A? (14:27)
- [G] Lovejoy takes over the top spot in Class 6A but don't sleep on No. 3 Winder-Barrow (15:33)
- [G] Is four-time defending state champion McEachern still to be feared? (18:27)
- Tuesday recaps (20:53)
- Woodville-Tompkins sweeps Treutlen (21:11)
- Peach State Stops of the Week (24:33)
Kyle Sandy joined Bartow Sports Zone to preview the 2017/18 GHSA high school basketball season. Bartow Sports Zone is a weekly, sports-talk radio show hosted by Charles Wilson airing Fridays 7-9am on WBHF-Cartersville (100.3FM/AM1450). The show features local coaches and sports personalities. The complete episode of Friday's podcast can be located on Podomatic. Visit Bartow Sports Zone online for the latest episodes and all things Bartow County sports.
Thursday night provided us with some interesting preseason scrimmage results, with a handful of teams challenging themselves before the regular season opens this Saturday. Multiple Top 10 teams locked horns to see where they measure up heading into the season including 7A No. 4 Grayson at A-Private No. 1 St. Francis, 5A No. 4 Miller Grove at 7A No. 3 Wheeler, A-Private No. 3 ELCA at 7A No. 7 Newton and many more.
KSUOwlHowl.com's Jon Finer (@KSUOwlHowl) joins Kyle Sandy for an honest assessment of both the Kennesaw State Men's & Women's Basketball programs after watching their exhibition double-header on Sunday. Finer and Sandy give their takeaways from WBB's 68-40 victory over Thomas University (1:03) and MBB's 96-76 win against West Georgia (15:01).
With the first games of the GHSA season just 10 days away, it's time to discuss the 2017-18 Preseason State Rankings. Favorites, Sleepers at the bottom of the rankings and the biggest omissions are all debated.
Class A (3:08)
Class AA (10:23)
Class AAA (15:35)
Class AAAA (20:34)
Class AAAAA (27:45)
Class AAAAAA (31:10)
Class AAAAAAA (35:58)